What is one of the early signs of pregnancy discharge? While getting pregnant, your body may undergo a variety of changes. And vaginal discharge is what you may experience about these changes. Of course, it is always important to be aware of which type of vaginal discharge is normal during pregnancy. So, it’s time to inform your healthcare provider about any changes which may appear abnormal. Keep reading to learn more information about this sign!
What to Expect?
One of the really earliest symptoms of pregnancy you can notice is an increasing amount of vaginal discharge. In general, this will continue throughout pregnancy. Normal discharge is usually clear, thin, milky white, as well as mild smelling. Once your pregnancy is likely to progress, this discharge tends to become more noticeable. It also becomes heaviest at the end of your pregnancy.
What will occur during the last weeks of pregnancy? In that case, your discharge may contain streaks of thick mucus or blood. Don’t worry! This is simply an early sign of labor.
Early Signs Of Pregnancy Discharge – Normal Vaginal Discharge
During the first 2 trimesters, you may notice white, thin, milky and mild smelling mucus in the panties. This is one of very early signs of pregnancy discharge. There is no need to worry. That’s because it’s normal vaginal discharge, or also known as leucorrhea. Most of the pregnant women will see such vaginal discharge during their pregnancy. The leucorrhea is normal and nothing for you to feel anxious. It also has a slight smell and is really easy to notice. The moms-to-be should wear panty liners, disposable underwear, or maxi pads if the vaginal discharge makes them feel uncomfortable. Don’t forget to let your doctor know whenever seeing any changes.
But, don’t use tampons and take vaginal douche during pregnancy. In fact, tampons are not sterile. Thus, they can introduce some new germs into the reproductive system or the unborn fetus. Moreover, douche may even rinse away a lot of healthy bacteria of the vagina as well as lead infection. As these bacteria gone, infection may quickly grow and might cause pregnancy complications.
Abnormal Vaginal Discharge
The early signs of pregnancy discharge which are a vaginal yeast infection include yellow or green vaginal discharge, redness or itching, and foul smell. In case a pregnant mom notices any of these changes in their vaginal discharge, she should notify her obstetrician immediately. Avoid taking matters into your own hands as well as treat the infection with over the counter drugs unless this is what your obstetrician advises to do so.
Take Care Of Vaginal Discharge During Pregnancy
Vaginal discharge is normal and common during the time you have early signs of pregnancy first 2 weeks. However, it may be really uncomfortable and also feel unhygienic. Want to make everything more comfortable for yourself? Would like to ensure that you don’t have the risk of catching infections? Then, keep these following tips in your mind now!
- Is it simply a normal discharge from your vagina? Try to use a panty liner in case you feel that the flow is heavy and frequently soils your underpants. This way helps to absorb the discharge without letting it spoil or stain your clothes.
- Don’t want to use a panty liner? Then, you may also use a regular sanitary pad. Make sure you feel more comfortable using the same. Of course, don’t forget to change the sanitary pad regularly. Do it even if you feel that it is not quite soaked. Change the pad at least once every 4 hours. That may help to avoid the chance of any infection.
- Like what we mentioned above, don’t use tampons during the pregnancy. The reason is that it might lead to certain infections and cause discomfort.
- Try to keep your private parts healthy and clean. This way, you’ll have a lesser risk of catching an infection. Besides, keep your genital area clean whenever you use the toilet. Try to wipe from the front to back motion.
- It’s advisable to wear underpants made out of pure cotton fabric. That’s because these help to absorb all sweat. In addition, they also make it difficult for bacteria and other germs to grow.
- Remember to use non-scented soaps to keep your vaginal area always clean.
When Should I Call Your Doctor?
To be sure, it is quite normal to have early signs of pregnancy discharge. However, there are still certain situations that can need immediate medical attention. That means you must talk with a healthcare provider about it. Here are a few situations that you should take note of. Don’t forget to call your doctor to understand what you should do first:
- It’s possible to realize an increasing amount of vaginal discharge that looks more watery. It might be just like mucus in texture or also have prominent spots of blood. Have you not reached the 37th week of the pregnancy yet? Then, it can indicate that you are likely to enter the premature labor.
- Sometimes, you may have a white discharge from the vagina which feels very uncomfortable without any odor. Call a doctor if you see that such a discharge might be pain while you go to pee. Or it could be pain when you have sexual intercourse with your husband. It is also possible to experience some soreness, pain and tenderness around your vaginal area. Furthermore, the opening of your vagina also looks red and has an inflammation. In that case, you have a yeast infection. Ensure to speak to a healthcare provider and understand what you should do for treatment.
At times, it is easy to notice a grayish, greenish or even yellowish discharge. Such discharge has a very strong and unpleasant odor. You may also experience other uncomfortable symptoms, like a burning sensation, itching, or even irritation. Don’t hesitate to phone your doctor and ask for the treatment options which you need to follow.
To Sum Up
So, do you understand all about early signs of pregnancy discharge? No matter the type or color of discharge you may experience while you are pregnant, always inform your doctor about the same. Moreover, if you have any matter or feel any symptoms like burning, itching, redness, swelling, or anything else that is like what we mention above, immediately speak to your doctor now.
Incoming search terms:
- early signs of pregnancy discharge
- discharge in early pregnancy
- thick discharge pregnant
- What does early pregananct discharge look like?